Saturday, April 30, 2011

Okay lets talk about music.

I like fast fucking music. Like really fast. and angry. Like really angry. 
The genre that I like more than any other style of music is westcoast powerviolence in the vein of infest and the like.
This shit is powerviolence perfected. 

But what really catches my interest with powerviolence is the sheer bluntness of it all. Take Weekend Nachos for an example: 
Lyrics:
"welcome to utopia,
                                   it consists of none of you mother fuckers looking me in the eye,
                                                                        die." 

That motherfucker is mad, and he is mad at everything, and he says exactly that with no bullshit. I know that lyrics like these are not the most mature or developed, but that's part of the charm. When I want angry, I don't always want smart. 

Anyways, when I play the music I like for my friends, reactions vary from "well this is better than what you showed me before" and, "we're not friends anymore", and I think I'm finally starting to understand why no likes what I like. Normal people aren't angry enough for this kind of bullshit I think, most people seem to enjoy singer song writer types whining about meadows full of flowers and whatever pussy ass shit is on the radio now days. 

Speaking of, does anyone actually like indie rock? 

No comments:

Post a Comment